Can You Add Money To Venmo Card At ATM?
Venmo is a popular payment app from PayPal. This leaves many users wondering can you add money to Venmo card at ATM? Today, millions of people are relying on Venmo to pay and get paid without having to carry cash around. With Venmo, you can also get a Venmo debit card, which can be used at ATM.
However, many people still don’t know that they can’t add money to a Venmo card at ATMs. This won’t work at all. So, in this guide, I want to talk about some workaround you can try to solve this problem.
As we all know, most banks allow their customers to load cash onto their cards or into their accounts at ATMs. Even some less known fintech like Varo, Cash App, and Chime offer a similar feature. If you use any of these services, you can deposit cash at Walgreens, Walmart, etc. but not at the ATMs.
This makes Venmo all the more special as it allows you to add cash to your Venmo account either via ATMs or any retail stores. So, here is how you can add cash to your Venmo card.
Can you add money to your Venmo card at ATMs?
At the moment, Venmo doesn’t offer a service that allows you to deposit or add physical cash to your Venmo card at the ATMs or even major retail stores as listed above. However, if you’re using Venmo, you don’t really need to have money in your Venmo balance to make a payment.
You can simply link your bank account or debit card or even link your other fintech services to Venmo. Then you can make payments directly via Venmo with the linked payment method of your choice.
If you have not done this yet, you can easily do that by following a guide provided by Venmo. The whole process should only take a few minutes at most.
Method 1 – Add cash to your bank account, link the bank account to Venmo, and deposit cash at the Bank ATM
If you’re planning to use cash on Venmo, you can simply deposit your money to a linked bank account at the ATM. After that’s done, you can make payment via Venmo using the linked bank account or debit card.
To make this method even better, you can link up to four bank accounts or debit cards at a time. If you have more than one bank account or debit card, you can link them all to your Venmo account for easier access.
Traditional banks like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, and many more should allow you to deposit cash at their ATM. If you’re planning to open up a new bank account, do your research first regarding this feature.
So now, whenever you want to deposit cash to use on Venmo, just deposit it into your bank account at the ATM. The funds that become available in your bank account will be useable on your Venmo, provided that the bank account or debit card is linked already.
However, if you want to do more than that, for example, you want to deposit the cash money to your Venmo balance only, then there are two steps you’ll have to take.
- Add the cash to your bank account (make sure you’ve linked the bank account to your Venmo account first or do it after) normally at the bank ATM.
- Transfer the money from the bank account to Venmo. This process will take 3-5 business days for standard transfer. It can be done instantly if you have access to Instant Add Money feature.
Method 2 – Use Cash App if you don’t have a linked bank account
This method is taking advantage of a rival of Venmo, the Cash App. This service allows you to deposit cash at various major retail stores in the country, like Target, Walgreens, and Walmart, but not at ATMs.
This is actually great for you because now you can link your Cash App to Venmo. Then you can deposit cash into your Cash App account at any retail store. The cash you deposited into your Cash App card will be available on Venmo.
Here are some other ways you can try:
- Ask someone to Venmo you. This is useful in emergency situations where you need money as soon as possible.
- Add money from a linked bank account (it takes 3-5 business days). This feature is available for users who have applied for and received their Venmo debit cards.
- Similar to method number two, you can add money instantly to Venmo from a linked bank account. This feature has a limit, however, which is a $500 maximum amount. To access this feature, you must have an active Venmo debit card and have linked a bank account to Venmo. Next time you need money, you can add money instantly using Plaid or manual verification.
- Reload feature. This feature is great when you don’t have enough funds to cover a transaction with your Venmo. If reloads are enabled, Venmo will automatically pull funds from your linked bank account in increments of $10 to cover the total amount left that needs to be paid.
Adding money to Venmo instantly
As explained above, you need to have a Venmo debit card and have linked a bank account to access the Instant Add Money feature. If you have access, simply head to the You tab, then tap Manage Balance, and then tap Instant.
While there is no direct way to add money to Venmo card at ATM, it is rather easy to use your Venmo using the cash money you have. As long as you do all the prerequisites to access certain features, all the methods will help you a lot.